Google AdWords made several changes to their Ad Extensions recently by upgrading Phone Extension and Sitelink Extension and adding some new extensions such as Offer Extension, Seller ratings, etc.. Milestone SEO is here to go through each of them one by one and help you get familiar with those changes.
According to Google, the benefits of upgraded extensions include:
- Create extensions for campaigns or ad groups: You can create an extension for your campaign or ad group, which means you’ll have more control over which ads your extensions are shown with.
- More detailed reporting: We’ll show you performance data for each extension, including individual sitelinks. This means you’ll be able to better evaluate the performance of each extension. For example, you can break down each extension performance by campaign, ad group, or ad id. Further segment by “This extension vs. Other” to see which clicks occurred on this extension vs. other parts of the ads.
- Edit your extensions without resetting stats: You can edit each extension without resetting its performance statistics. By comparison, when you edit an extension in non-enhanced campaigns, we create a new extension and delete the edited one.
- Individual reviews: Each extension will go through our ad approval process separately. For example, this means that if you create four sitelinks, and three are approved and one is disapproved, then the three approved sitelinks are still eligible to appear with your ads.
- Customize sitelink and app extensions for mobile: For example, if you want to highlight your store locator or in-store deals to mobile users, you can create mobile-optimized extensions.
- Schedule your extensions: You can schedule start and end dates for your extension to run, or set it to run specific days of the week and times of day.
New Extensions include:
Show your online business ratings in your ad.
Promote in-store coupons with your online ads.
Show your business related images to your customers
The following two tabs change content below.